The AGM called for the 6th July 2017 was not quorate. Accordingly, no business could be transacted.
1. Present – Charlie Farrow, Chris Hatch, Russel Nutter, Ali Wardale, Samantha Manear, Dan Heydon, Martin Williams, Jackie Gibbs, Sally Tippen, John Hendy & Peter Leaton.
There was considerable discussion regarding the lack of members attending the AGM and how the inability of the AGM to transact business. It was decided by those present (which included 3 of the 4-person 2016/17 executive) that the most practical way forward was to follow the agenda and make recommendations as to how those matters which required voting could be handled in a way which would not interfere unduly in the running of the Association or the upcoming season.
2. Appointment of tellers – N/A
3. Minutes and matters arising – agreed by those present, but carried forward for acceptance and any discussion at next Board Meeting – (Dealt with in October 2017 Board)
4, 5,6a-k. PresidentŐs Report, Financial details and affiliation fees, together with all reports - presented and discussed in brief and agreed, but all to be accepted formally at the next Board meeting - (Dealt with in October 2017 Board)
7. Election of officers – all approved by the meeting but to be formally elected at an SGM to be called after guidance received at next Board meeting - (Dealt with in October 2017 Board – at which an SGM was called for December 7th 2017 – see SGM minutes that follow).
8. Election of 4 Vice Presidents – No announcements or action taken - Dealt with in October 2017 Board – at which an SGM was called for December 7th 2017 – see SGM minutes that follow).
9. Appointment of Auditor - to be formally voted upon at an SGM to be called after guidance received at next Board meeting - (Dealt with in October 2017 Board – at which an SGM was called for December 7th 2017 – see SGM minutes that follow).
10, 11. Dates for 2017/8 Boards and AGM agreed – Oct 4, Nov 22, (later changed to 7 Dec to enable quorate SGM) Feb 21 and May 16 – AGM July 5).
12 – No Official AOB, but Peter LeatonŐs service as President over the 2015/16 seasons was recognised and he was thanked for his hard work by Sally Tippen – an opinion which was seconded and applauded by all present.
The October 2017 Board dealt with items 3 – 11.
That Board arranged for an SGM to be called to reduce the numbers necessary to be quorate to 9 from 12 and to re-present those items requiring a membersŐ vote as noted above.
The SGM minutes are published below for clarification. These SGM minutes were read, approved and signed at the February Board meeting.
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
Thursday 7 December 2017
at 7.00pm Halingbury Room, Stansted Novotel Hotel
1. Welcome –
a. The President welcomed all present, briefly explained the reasons for calling an SGM, and thanked all present for attending.
2. Apologies for absence –
a. Received from – Norwich Dragons, L Bant, Bromley & Beckenham, MBDA, Bexley Heath & Belvedere, K Wingar, B Smith, Folkestone Optimists, Waltham Forest, G Brimston, C Farrow, IES, Holcombe Ladies .
b. Present – S Tippen -(Chair), R Nutter, D Heydon, B Harness, S Dewing, C Dewing, M Baker, A Baker, J Warrick, D Roberts, N Liversedge, T Williams, D Burt, K Shah, P Wright, R Oakley, K Hansen, S Farmer, A Smyth, T Apter, M Lloyd, R Malone, R Prince, C Gerrard, M Williams, J Sutton, J Hendy, J Barrett, S Menear, S Turner and J Wood. - Note - the meeting was quorate with more than 12 members present and eligible to vote.
3. Appointment of Tellers- Janet Sutton and Robert Oakley
4. Special Resolution to amend Clause 18.3 of the constitution which currently reads as –
a. ÓThere shall be no postal or proxy voting. A quorum shall be 12 members present and votingÓ.
b. To read ŇThere shall be no postal or proxy voting. A quorum shall be 9 members present and votingÓ. Passed with no dissentions
5. Outstanding 2017 AGM items for approval -
a. Affiliation Fee to remain the same – proposed by the Board, seconded by R Nutter, passed with no dissentions.
b. Election of Officers – Proposed by the Board , seconded by N Liversedge, and all elected with no dissentions
i. President 2017/19 Sally Tippen
ii. Deputy President 2017/19 Loraine Bant
iii. Treasurer Trevor Williams
iv. Secretary 2017/18 John Hendy
c. Appointment of Auditor – none proposed – Treasurer to continue search to fill post.
d. Election of Vice Presidents – proposed by the Board, seconded by R Nutter – all elected by acclaim with no dissentions and congratulated by the Chair.
i. Donna Mills
ii. Robert Oakley
iii. Rosemary Prince
iv. Jill Warrick
6. Present and future Board vacancies
a. The President briefly noted that there will be openings for positions at the next AGM and before – These include – Secretary, Treasurer, Development Director, Performance Director, Youth competitions Chairman and Handbook Editor. All posts will be advertised in the new year for appointment prior to July 2018.
7. Any other business – none notified to the Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Meeting closed at 7.08pm